Thursday, June 7, 2012

EDLD 5363 : Week 1 Reflection

Coming up with a subject was the easiest thing for me. I chose something I was passionate about…my family. Family is very important to me and stand beside each other no matter the circumstance. This was a passionate subject however pulled at many emotions that I had not visited in several years. My daughter was born with congenital heart disease and has four open heart surgeries. I’ve always known she is my “miracle child” and when I emotionally travel back in time to her birth I have a flood of emotions remembering the roller coaster ride. I never overlook my son who is also amazing. He is a complete opposite of me and can make me laugh when I am furious with him about something. I was not taught how to follow my own dreams and that is something I want my children to do.

I used Photo Story 3 to create my digital story. This is a program that I had used before but it had been many years ago. I use animoto quite often and as suggested used something I was less familiar with. The planning was not difficult for me because I help teachers use similar programs in the classroom. As well, I help students do a storyboard and write scripts. However writing the script and keeping it short enough was my greatest challenge. I realized every single word had to count. I still feel like I did not give my children all the praise that I would have enjoyed sharing with the world but this is just a snapshot of how special they are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment