Thursday, June 21, 2012

EDLD 5363 Web Confernce June 10, 2012


This was my second web conference and there were fewer participants than in the first.  It is nice that I recognize names and can now put faces with the names.  I am get frustrated with this course because it seems like the assignments are broken down into several parts but yet at the same time are repetitive. I am still unclear as to why we have multiple assignments to turn in through epic when it seems like it could all be put on one page.  This is what I mean by repetitive.  I feel like I copy and paste the same thing over for several assignments.   When I asked a question in the web conference for some clarification the response I received was “read your assignment it is right there”.  That really frustrated me because I had read the assignment and still had a question and my question was not answered.  I wonder if it was expected that another class participant might answer the question for me.  I’m not sure, but I left this conference frustrated and feeling like it was not a valuable use of my time.  I have had a lot of communication with one of my group members and the two of us have figured things out and answered each other’s questions.  I know this is practice for being a leader facilitating learning.  I am finding classmates to be more than willing to help and answer questions as we figure things out together.  The assignments have not been too difficult and I enjoy them.  The directions in the assignments in this class seem to be not as clear as in other classes and it is frustrating when you cannot get a direct answer for clarification. 

No comments:

Post a Comment